Featured Quote

In 1913, Henry Ford wrote the following as the directors had been reaping the rewards of profits - "The wages we pay are too small in comparison with our profits. I think we should raise our minimum pay rate".

Friday, November 12, 2010

A little bit on Truth and Truthiness

I am a big stickler for Truth.  Sometimes I may not like what people have to say, but if its True... well, then, its True.  At the same time, many people don't like what I have to say, but its True.
I don't believe that you should ever support or stand behind a lie.  Once a talking point has been proven to be false - admit it was false.  Tell people why you believed it, then tell the Truth.


If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
The first reaction to truth is hatred
Never assume the obvious is true.

The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.
The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.

... okay, so for this post, I am adding a quote box on one side or the other... 

1 comment: