Featured Quote

In 1913, Henry Ford wrote the following as the directors had been reaping the rewards of profits - "The wages we pay are too small in comparison with our profits. I think we should raise our minimum pay rate".

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Your father smelt of Elderberries!

While the Monty Python line was an insult from a Frenchman, the Elderberry is a very good berry!

From Elderberry wine to immune boosting syrups, the little black berry has been used for just about everything.

I just recently came back across the Elderberry information and am trying to get me a bottle of the juice, the syrup and some cuttings of the plants so I can grow some!

I found Elderberry Life, where you can get bare root plants or cuttings.  I'll try the cuttings first.  I am also going to get some of their juice!

One of the things that I am going to try with the Elderberries that I grow, is to make some Elderberry Mead.  I think that will be a one-gallon brew for the first try-out.  :)  I may even use some of the juice from Elderberry Life to make a trial run.

I will try to remember not to eat too many raw berries or the leaves and other parts of the plant (tree?) - that could be bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment