Featured Quote

In 1913, Henry Ford wrote the following as the directors had been reaping the rewards of profits - "The wages we pay are too small in comparison with our profits. I think we should raise our minimum pay rate".

Monday, July 15, 2013

My Rides Map has been Updated

I've updated the map of my motorcycle Rides.  I just did a four day ride through 5 states - Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina.  The main goal of the ride was to meet up with fellow Ancient Riders, which as an amazing experience and one which I hope to repeat frequently.

View My Motorcycle Rides in a larger map

New to the map are rides on Lookout Mountain in Georgia via Chattanooga, TN; Ocee to Tellico Plains, TN; The Tail of the Dragon and a couple others.  I was with 9 other bikes on the Dragon, 12 people, if I'm counting right.

On the Ocee to Tellico Plains run, there is a surprise turn - I marked it.  I've talked to others who know the road and agree that the turn is not marked well and it just comes up out of nowhere.  I braked so hard I went sideways - which helped me make the turn.  I was fine, but I'm not sure about the condition of the people in the car behind me (although they were turning there anyway.)

When riding the Tail of the Dragon, there are photo tents set up along the way and you can go look for your photo online.  They use the same photo site, so I created an album on the site!

For example:




When I started out on Thursday morning, it rained on me for the first 110 miles.  The Texaco station in Union, AL was really good to me, letting me charge my phone inside, told me to pull the motorcycle under a back cover to get it out of the rain, so I bought some fried catfish there to eat - which was pretty good.  So, if you are going by, stop in and give them some business!

No comments:

Post a Comment