Featured Quote

In 1913, Henry Ford wrote the following as the directors had been reaping the rewards of profits - "The wages we pay are too small in comparison with our profits. I think we should raise our minimum pay rate".

Thursday, May 9, 2013

A couple more things....

From my last post, I had a couple more things to say...

"I believe the money I make belongs to me and not some liberal governmental functionary, Democratic or Republican, that wants to share it with others who don't work"
You know who doesn't work?  Mostly it is the elderly, children and the severely disabled. You may can add in stay-at-home Mothers of small children.  I admit there are some lazy, no good yet perfectly healthy individuals that are mooching off the system, but they are very few.  I am not willing to turn my back, our collective backs, on the needy just because of a few.

That is why we have Government - to do things as a whole that we can not do or do not want to do as individuals, to protect those of us who are most vulnerable from the predations of those who are most powerful and villainous and to protect the minority from the majority.

"I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac or any other item, you should do it in English.
I believe there should be no other language option."
And that is why we are falling further and further behind other nations.  I believe everyone should speak at least two languages.  That being said, speaking English is important for citizens of the United States. But how can you ask others to speak two languages if you are not willing to do so yourself?

"My great, great, great, great grandfather watched and bled as his friends died in the Revolution & the War of 1812. "
My great, great, great, great, great, great grandfathers fought and bled as their friends and family were slaughtered for their land, declared 'savages' and inhuman animals without souls by illegal aliens (also known as 'settlers') coming to his land from across the great ocean in the late 1700's.  My other great, great, great, great, great, great grandfathers may have been involved as settlers, but I think most came to these shores much later - being expelled from Scotland, running from famine in Ireland, escaping early Nazism in Germany.

They came here escaping governments with deep corruption, who had established official state religions and allowed monied corporations favors and privileges and tax cuts not available to their citizens... oh... wait!  That is almost where we are now!!  And exactly where the Republicans want to take us!!!

"My heroes are Malcolm Forbes, Bill Gates, John Wayne, Babe Ruth, Roy Rogers, and Willie G. Davidson, who makes the awesome Harley Davidson Motorcycles. "
Hmm... My Heroes?  Bill Gates works.  The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation and him taking a $1 salary...
Warren Buffett maybe.   Henry Ford of course.
"What right have you, save service to the world, to think that other men's labor should contribute to your gains?"
"No one loses anything by raising wages as soon as he is able. It has always paid us. Low wages are the most costly any employer can pay."
(here is a good article about Ford and our situation today)
Bernie Sanders - the longest serving independent in congress.  Elizabeth Warren.
Cenk Uygur of the Young Turks.  Matt Damon.  George Carlin!! Willie Nelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment