Featured Quote

In 1913, Henry Ford wrote the following as the directors had been reaping the rewards of profits - "The wages we pay are too small in comparison with our profits. I think we should raise our minimum pay rate".

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Headlight Restoration

I've noticed that the headlights on Willice's car were yellowed.  Well, the headlight cover looked dingy and hazy.  I figured that it couldn't be good for visibility.  Having seen all the headlight restoration advertisements, I was very curious - and sceptical.

Today, I bought a Turtle Wax headlight restoration kit from O'Reilly Auto Parts - it was on sale for $7.99 - $2.00 off their normal price.

So, here are the results :

Before - Hood is down

After - Hood is up
The stuff works!  It wasn't all that much time nor effort either!  Maybe 20 minutes total.  I did two applications because on the first one I don't think I 'scrubbed' enough.  Directions say "vigorous" application - but you need to put just a little elbow grease into it.  I mean, a little more than rubbing it on, but not like extreme force scrubbing either.

The great look alone is worth the time and money.  Does the light shine brighter?  It has to!  Look at the difference up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment