Featured Quote

In 1913, Henry Ford wrote the following as the directors had been reaping the rewards of profits - "The wages we pay are too small in comparison with our profits. I think we should raise our minimum pay rate".

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Progress and Conservation part 2

(Read part 1)

Progress.  Pro. Positive. Movement. Activity.  Alive.
Liberal. Liberty. Life. Love. Freedom.

The antithesis of Conservatives, Liberals and Progressives made the United States!  The author of the Declaration of Independence made a statement (many, really) that "conservatives" would find highly offensive - "It does me no harm if my neighbor says there are twenty gods or no god at all. It neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket." (Thomas Jefferson)

Liberals stand for Liberty, Justice and Freedom more than any other group.  You can be any religion you want or none at all - that is Freedom of Religion.  You deserve a chance at a good education, no matter how much money your parents have.  You deserve to be protected from the predations of those in a better position than you, no matter how little money you have. You can not trample on the rights of others and get away with it, no matter how much money or influence you have.  Progressives and Liberals are the "the government should leave me alone as long as I am not hurting anyone else." while Conservatives are the "the government should leave me alone even if I am hurting other people, but I want to make sure YOU don't do anything I say you shouldn't do, even if I do it in secret."

Am I saying Progressives are better than Conservatives?  Well, lets just say, "We hold these Truths to be self evident."

Do Liberals have their nutcases? Sure! The only difference is for the most part, Liberal extremists don't hurt others and Progressive extremists don't crash the national economy in the name of profit.






No comments:

Post a Comment